Information about Arizona's Walk to End Epilepsy on March 10, 2019 at Rio Vista Park in Peoria, is provided below. More information will be updated from now until the event. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to contact us at AZ@efa.org or 602.282.3515
Throughout the event, there will be various activities and sights for you to explore, including a "Get Purple!" station, team sign decoration stations, face painting, food trucks, arts and crafts, games, activity booths and more!
- 8:30 AM Registration Opens
- 9:00 AM Opening Ceremonies
- 9:30 AM Entertainment Begins
- 10:00 AM Walk Begins
- 12:00 PM End of event
Date & Time
Sunday, March 10, 2019
8:30 AM to 12:00 PM
Rio Vista Community Park
8866 W. Thunderbird Rd. Peoria, AZ 85381
Registration Opens/Event Begins: 8:30 AM
Programming Begins: 9:00 AM
Walk begins: 10:00 AM
Fun Ends Until Next Year: 12:00 PM
There is plenty of parking in and around the park
MAP, DIRECTIONS & PARKING
- Rio Vista Community Park is located at 8866 W. Thunderbird Rd. Peoria, AZ 85381
- Parking is free and widely available.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
- There are many different ways you can get involved in Arizona's Walk to End Epilepsy - from creating a team, sponsoring an individual or team, speading awareness, making a donation and more! View the GET INVOLVED page for more information.
- Spread the word! Download and print copies of the Walk Flyer HERE. Then, distribute the flyer in your local community - school, church, or coffee shop.
- NOTE: Online registration closes at 5 pm MST on Friday March 2, 2019. Onsite registration is available as early as 8:30 am.
CHECK-IN / ON-SITE REGISTRATION
- Online pre-registration closes at 5 pm 5 pm (MST) on Friday March 2, 2019. Register onsite as early as 8:30 AM on Sunday, March 10, 2019.
- EARLY registration is $35/person (This ends on 2/15), Regular and day-of registration is $40/person.
- Remember that the course is non-competitive. Please stay within the designated path and course.
- Since this is not a timed walk, we encourage you to check the timer as you pass the start and finish lines if you’d like to track your time.
FOOD & DRINKS
- Food can be purchased from multiple food truck vendors during the event.
- Water stations will be placed throughout the course as well as the event site.
WHAT TO BRING
- Any remaining cash or check donations to drop-off at the Registration Table. We will provide envelopes to secure them.
- Dress for the weather by checking the forecast before you arrive. The Walk is happening RAIN or SHINE!
- Team spirit signs with inspirational messages and reasons why you want to END EPILEPSY. We will also have a team sign decorating station at the Walk.
- The Walk is wheelchair-friendly
- Rio Vista Community Park does allow dogs but they MUST be on a leash at ALL TIMES.
- NO personal tents, canopies, tables or chairs permitted.
- We encourage you to check-in individually and set up a meeting point for your group inside the gates.
- Facebook Tag, Instagram Tag, or Tweet us LIVE during the event and remember to use #AZEpilepsyWalk