12th Annual National Walk for Epilepsy
Join us on April 14, 2018
Sorry, registrations are currently closed.
The National Walk for Epilepsy is an inspirational, healthy and fun community celebration of music and entertainment with friends, family, corporations and organizations celebrating their fundraising success and support for the epilepsy community. Funds raised are for much needed research, programs, services and awareness about epilepsy. People from nearly 50 states across North America converge on the National Mall each Spring as they take steps to end epilepsy.
Here are a few statistics to help you realize the tremendous importance of our fundraising efforts.
- 65 MILLION: Number of people around the world who have epilepsy.
- 3 MILLION: Number of people in the United States who have epilepsy.
- 1 IN 26 people in the United States will develop epilepsy at some point in their lifetime.
- BETWEEN 4 AND 10 OUT OF 1,000: Number of people on earth who live with active seizures at any one time.
- 150,000: Number of new cases of epilepsy in the United States each year
- ONE-THIRD: Number of people with epilepsy who live with uncontrollable seizures because no available treatment works for them.
- 6 OUT OF 10: Number of people with epilepsy where the cause is unknown.
For more information, visit www.epilepsy.com