Make a statement this Halloween and paint your pumpkin purple to show your support for the 1 in 26 people living with epilepsy. Your Purple Pumpkin will help raise awareness; your community can help you raise much needed funds for the Epilepsy Foundation.
This fall make your pumpkin stand out in the patch by painting your pumpkin purple! You can raise important awareness with your purple pumpkin by putting it on display in your home. It encourages people to "Ask why is my pumpkin purple?" and start a conversation about epilepsy and the need for increased awareness and funding.
Awareness is important to the Epilepsy Foundation's mission, so how can your purple pumpkin raise funds to continue to support epilepsy education, programs, research and advocacy? You can host a party, collect coins in your children's classrooms or on your Halloween route!
- Host a party in your home, business, or community space and provide pumpkins, paint, decorations, and snacks.
- Ask people to donate an amount (don’t forget to factor in expenses) to come and take part in the decorating party.
- Paint your pumpkins and post pictures to Facebook and Instagram. Don’t forget to tag the Epilepsy Foundation and Purple Pumpkin Project.
- Each person takes home their pumpkin and displays it to help spread awareness.
- A little adds up to a lot! Collect spare change at school or on your Halloween route.
Looking for an individual or team participating in this event?