Walk to END EPILEPSY MS 2020 - North Mississippi
Join us on March 21, 2020
This year’s Walk to END EPILEPSY® – North Mississippi is now a VIRTUAL Walk on Saturday, March 21 at 10a.m. CST, due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak
Our Virtual Walk was a tremendous success thanks to our participants, volunteers, staff and partners, as well as the greater North Mississippi community! We enjoyed seeing you decked out in purple, sharing more information about the life-saving programs and services that we offer, hearing stories of hope from our epilepsy warriors, and celebrating our top fundraisers, all in the name of supporting our epilepsy community! Thanks again for joining us... but the FUN doesn't stop there!
Fundraising Challenge #1:
The individual who raises the most starting today, Monday, March 23 through Friday, March 27 at midnight will win:
Epilepsy Foundation Mississippi Cooler and Swag
(includes two tumblers, gym bag, cellphone holder and more! Value: $50)
Don’t forget: The individual that fundraises the most starting March 21 until April 21, 2020 at midnight will have a chance to win an iPad Mini!
1. Can I continue to fundraise?
Yes - the event website will remain open until April 21, 2020, and the individual that fundraises the most from March 21 through April 21, 2020 at midnight will have a chance to win an iPad Mini! Keep an eye out for our weekly fundraising challenges leading up to April 21 - you’ll have the opportunity to show your support, while earning fabulous prizes while doing so!
The funds you’ve raised will be used toward achieving the mission of the Epilepsy Foundation, including epilepsy care, support, and research. On behalf of our epilepsy community, please know how much we appreciate your support!
2. How can I fundraise?
- Log in to your Participant Center and update your personal story! Let your community know WHY you walk and the importance of everyone learning about epilepsy and seizures. You can raise 13x more by updating your WHY!
- Spread awareness and drive support. After you share your story on your page, we recommend you send emails, letters, texts, or make phone calls to ask for support from your friends, family and colleagues! Plus, don’t forget to create a Facebook Fundraiser – individuals raise 15x more when they create a Facebook Fundraiser!
- Post and share on social media! Use Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to share your story and help spread awareness for epilepsy. The community will be stronger because of YOU!
- Be sure to utilize the Fundraising Toolkit!
3. What is my Participant Center?
Your Participant Center is an online portal for your Virtual Walk to END EPILEPSY fundraising efforts. In your Participant Center, you’ll find tools to set up a fundraising web page, send fundraising emails, and check your fundraising progress. Here's a How-To Guide for how to navigate your Participant Center.
4. How can I access my Participant Center?
You can access your Participant Center by clicking "Log In" in the top right hand corner of the event website. After logging in, you'll see more options on the top navigation bar to view Your Page (where you can share "why you walk" and direct people to donate to your efforts), Dashboard (to manage your fundraising efforts, start a Facebook Fundraiser, view Fundraising Tools and more!), Donations (see who has donated to your efforts so far!), Messages (send emails to your contact lists and your team), and Resources. This is your hub for your fundraising efforts - whether a Team Captain, Team Member, Individual Walker or Virtual Walker!
5. How do I fundraise on Facebook?
The Virtual Walk to END EPILEPSY’s website now allows participants registered for a Walk event to log in to their Participant Center and click ‘Create a Facebook Fundraiser’ so that all donations received through Facebook will credit their fundraising page, and will be deposited directly to the Epilepsy Foundation and their local Virtual Walk campaign. Log into your Participant Center on the event website and click "Create a Facebook Fundraiser" to get started.
6. I created a fundraiser on Facebook. Can I connect it to my Walk fundraising page retroactively?
No. Participants must create the Facebook Fundraiser from their participant center from the beginning. We cannot tie an existing Facebook Fundraiser to a registration post-event. If you have already created a Fundraiser and selected the Epilepsy Foundation as the beneficiary, donations will be sent to the Epilepsy Foundation as general donations. To begin receiving credit for new donations, please close your existing fundraiser, visit your participant center, and set up a new fundraiser.
7. Leading up to and on/after Virtual Walk Day, when and where can I turn donations in?
Donations can be mailed to our Epilepsy Foundation Mississippi office at:
Epilepsy Foundation Mississippi
c/o Walk to END Epilepsy – North Ms.
5 Old River Place, Suite 105
Jackson MS 39202
Epilepsy Foundation Tax ID # 52-0856660
8. How can I get my company to match my gift?
Many employers offer programs to match charitable contributions made by their employees. These "matching gifts" are an opportunity to double or possibly triple your donation to Walk to END EPILEPSY and increase funding for the care, support and research efforts of the Epilepsy Foundation.
If you are not sure if you qualify for a matching gift, please reach out to your HR department or leadership team to gather more information.
9. Where can I access more information about Fundraising?
Visit the Fundraising Toolkit page on the event website, here.
10. Will I receive my event participant t-shirt? Or, my living with epilepsy t-shirt?
Yes, participant t-shirts will be mailed to qualifying participants. Any individual that raised $50 or more will receive their official Walk t-shirt!
Individuals with epilepsy will also receive their living with epilepsy t-shirt via mail, regardless of their fundraising.
Please call us directly if additional arrangements are required Tres Townsend 601-936-5222 ext. 1653 or [email protected]
11. How can I let others know I’m participating?
Follow us on social media:
Be sure to download and fill out the I Walk For Sign, and add our Facebook Frame to your Facebook profile by following the steps below!
- Head to your Facebook profile and select “Update Profile Picture” (look for the camera icon next to your profile)
- Click on “Add Frame”
- Search “walk to end epilepsy”
- Select the frame
- Adjust the frame size and drag to reposition to your liking
- Select how long you want the frame to appear on your page
- Click “Use as Profile Picture”
- All set!
We want to see you in our virtual epilepsy community, walking with us to END EPILEPSY!
12. What if I have other questions?
We are here to help! Please contact us at Tres Townsend at 601-936-5222 ext. 1653 or [email protected]
More updates will be shared here on our website and our Facebook page - check back often!
More updates on the Epilepsy Foundation's response to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak can be found here.
Even in times like this, seizures haven't stopped...and neither has the fight to END EPILEPSY. We truly thank you for your continued support of the Virtual Walk to END EPILEPSY now more than ever!